Our story began in 1797
Little Pudd is the original train from the world famous Crystal Beach Amusement Park. Little Pudd has been with Puddicombe Farms since 1997 and is considered an agricultural touring train on the farm. The ride will take you through the vineyards and by the waterways. One of the favourite attractions on the farm!
Hours of operation:
Wednesday – Friday | 10am – 2pm
Saturday & Sunday | 10am – 4pm
Train leaves on the hour!
Welcome to the world of Puddicombe Estate Farm, Winery & Cider
In 1940, we saw the planting of the first vineyard and today we are a working farm of approximately 300 acres of fruit. To keep up with changing times our owner Murray Puddicombe along with a wine master Jim Warren, formed a partnership and Stoney Ridge Winery was brought to our location. Also born at the same time was a general store, bake shop, and cafe. Introduced a few years later was an agricultural train and a pick your own operation.
Ten years and much growth later saw the winery outgrow the vision that our owner had. The winery was sold and moved, and within three years Puddicombe Estate Farms and Winery opened it’s doors.
- Farm Established: Cattle Farmers
- First planting of fruit trees
- First planting of grapes
- Lewis Puddicombe graduates from University of Guelph
- Murray Puddicombe graduates from University of Guelph
- Partnership formed with Jim Warren and STONEY RIDGE CELLARS was started
- Opening of store. Café and bake shop
- Purchased train and opening of Little Pudd, first agricultural farm tour.
- Stoney Ridge was sold and moved to Vineland, ON
- 200th Birthday of farm
- Lindsay Puddicombe graduates from University of Guelph
- Summerville train station arrived at Puddicombe Farms
- Birth of Puddicombe Estate Winery, winemaker Lindsay Puddicombe
- Business of the Year Award from Hamilton Tourism
- Business of the year Award for under 50,000 visitors from Hamilton Tourism
- Puddicombe Farms wins the city of Hamilton’s Tourism Award of Excellence as well as Rookie of the Year Award.
- Puddicombe winery developed our fruit wines, Iced apple, pear-i-dice, raspberry, strawberry, peach, blueberry, cherry
- Lindsay Puddicombe graduates from Niagara College Viticulture Program
- Murray goes into partnership with Robert Ketchin and John Ardiel and establishes Georgian Hills Winery in Collingwood, ON
- Brock Puddicombe graduates from University of Guelph and comes home to farm to help sister Lindsay and beginning to take over the farm from 7th generation Murray Puddicombe their father.
- Legacy Award from Hamilton Chamber
- Celebrated our 210 Birthday
- Welcomed the Admiral Dewey train car to the farm, from Springvale, New York
- Agri-Tourism Business Award
- Open the Puddicombe Farm Stay (bed and breakfast) in our completely refurbished Caboose
- Establishes Puddicombe Cider Co. which is mother of Sir Isaac Pear Cider
- Awarded Tourism Awards of |Excellence from Hamilton Tourism
- Started the first Cider Fest
- Lifetime Achievement Award from City of Hamilton